These lemon drizzle cupcakes are just about perfect.
These lemon drizzle cupcakes are light and fluffy while also moist and tangy. They’re just about perfect and very easy to make.
I adapted the recipe from Mary Berry’s lemon drizzle traybake recipe. So if you want to make a bigger cake, you might want to take a look at Mary’s original recipe.
- 4 oz / 115 g butter at room temperature or baking margarine straight from the fridge
- 4 oz / 115 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Finely-grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 5 oz / 140 g self-raising flour, sifted
For the glaze
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 oz / 85 g granulated or caster sugar