Milk chocolate chip cookies. Soft, chewy and delicious.
Ingredients (makes 15 – 20 cookies)
- 200 g dark muscovado sugar (you can use light, but I had dark in the cupboard)
- 115 g butter/marg
- 1 egg
- 200 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped into chunks (on reflection, I would add more – I wanted more chocolate… MORE!)
Of course you can use dark or plain chocolate – whatever you prefer!
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and mix together. Add the flour, baking powder and bicarb and stir until you have a dough. Mix in your chocolate chunks.
- Put small balls of the dough onto your baking trays (or larger if you want enormous cookies). The dough does flatten and spread during cooking – these before and after pictures will give you an idea…
Bake for about 10 minutes then leave to cool on a cooling rack. Or scoff while still warm – that’s when I think they’re best!
© Claire Huston / Art and Soul