Thank you to Lia over at BookLand for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award a couple of weeks ago. Sorry it’s taken me so long to accept the nomination and I hope you’re enjoying your holiday! 🙂
To accept the award, you have to:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Copy the award badge and display it in your award post.
3. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
4. Nominate other bloggers and set them some new questions to answer (I believe it’s supposed to be 10 bloggers and 10 questions, but you’ll see I’ve reduced this a bit! If my nominees want to go ahead and use 10 that’s great).
Questions and Answers:
1. What is the last movie you watched?
Magic Mike XXL. I went to the cinema this week with a group of local mummies on our monthly night out. The film made the first installment (Magic Mike) look like Hamlet, but it was far funnier than I had thought it would be and extremely entertaining.
2. What is your favorite book trilogy and why?
I haven’t read that many trilogies, but I would say The Hunger Games because Katniss Everdeen is such a terrific heroine (as well as having one of the best names in fiction).
3. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
After, “God, I’m tired” (!)? I think about going and getting my son from his cot. He’s usually the one who wakes me up.
4. If you could have lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
This question is too hard! If I had to pick a famous author, I think I’d go for J.K. Rowling because I bet she has some fantastic anecdotes about Potter madness.
5. Who is your favorite fictional character?
I don’t have just one. If I have to answer… I’d say Sam Vimes from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. But I could give you a list!
6. What is your favorite place to read?
On the sofa with a cup of tea.
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I’m not sure I have one. I have some good memories of birthday parties and Christmas.
8. When did you last laugh?
Today. My son does funny things all the time 🙂
9. What is your dream?
To publish a novel. I’m working on it… (if I haven’t bored you with it enough, see Art and Soul).
10. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Apart from various children’s TV shows, the latest episode of season 1 of Empire (for US readers: yes, we are behind here in the UK!).
I nominate the following 3 bloggers and their lovely blogs. I’ve cut the questions down to just 4 (I know you’re all busy!):
Please only take part if you want and have time (and haven’t been nominated already…). Feel free to file the nomination and do it whenever you’re lacking inspiration for what to blog about one day 🙂
1. When was the last time you wrote something with pen and paper? What was it?
2. Have you read a book more than once? What was it?
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
4. What’s the funniest video you’ve ever seen on the internet? If you can remember and find it, please include the link!
Thank you again to Lia for the nomination 🙂