Blimey! Thank you to Stephy at stephysweetbakes for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. It was a lovely surprise and awards are always a great opportunity to support and find out about other bloggers.
To accept the award, I have to:
1. Thank the person who nominated me
2. List 7 random facts about me.
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award
Seven facts about me:
1. I get ridiculously excited by those milestone badges WordPress gives you. You know the ones: when you get X number of likes or followers. I think this is a sad indicator of how devoid of real excitement my life is! 😉
2. My husband and I have owned the box set of Breaking Bad (the whole show) since September last year and have yet to watch any of it. Admittedly, we have just finished Seasons 1 and 2 of House of Cards, but I would have thought we would have made a start on BB by now!
3. Linked to number 1 above, doing the JuNoWriMo writing challenge recently made me realize I’m more goal orientated than I thought…
4. That said, I’m not very competitive. Particularly not at games. I think this all comes from my high school years. Everything was incredibly competitive and I think it got old.
5. When I lived in Spain I joined a new book club in the hope it would force me to speak Spanish and improve my fluency. I was lucky that it also helped me meet a group of great people. I really miss those guys.
6. I am pretty fluent in Spanish. I wouldn’t say I’m bilingual because I think you have to grow up with a language to achieve true bilingualism and I only started to learn Spanish when I was 21.
7. It turns out I’m useless about thinking up random facts about myself! What else can I say… I’m a chocolate addict and admire the willpower of anyone who can open a bar, eat one piece and then put the rest away for another time.
I would like to nominate 2 great blogs that combine two of my loves: books and baking:
I hope you’ll be able to take part, even if it takes you a while to get round to it – like me 🙂
Thank you again to Stephy. Her blog is filled with beautiful, delicious bakes like chocolate almond kahlua cake with kahlua buttercream – check it out!